Hot Stuff Bliss Balls Recipe
Posted on 26 August 2021
Snacks are the best and there is literally no need to avoid them! What we've done with this recipe is include your daily dose of Raw Collagen in a tasty, spicy, healthy bliss balls recipe.
Makes Six (Three bliss balls per collagen dose)
4 large, soft, medjool dates (or six smaller ones) with pits removed
2 Scoops Puraz Raw Collagen powder
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1 Tbsp oatbran
1 Tbsp cocoa or raw cacao powder (raw cacao tastes much stronger)
1 Tbsp chopped nuts
½ tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
A pinch or two of hot chili powder
Optional: 1-2 tsp liquid sweetener
Optional: melted chocolate or shredded coconut to decorate
- Chop the dates and put them into a food processor, blitz until they start to form a paste. If your dates are too hard, soak them for a few minutes in warm water, then drain before using.
- Add the cacoa, oatbran, vanilla and salt and process until everything is combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and process until the oil has been fully absorbed into the dry ingredients and you can’t see any dry powders left.
- Add a pinch of chili powder, blend for a few seconds and do a taste test. Add more chili until the heat is to your preference.
- If the mix is not sweet enough for your taste, add a liquid sweetener (e.g. maple syrup), one tsp at a time until it tastes good to you.
- Mix through the chopped nuts using a spoon or spatula
- Roll the mix into six evenly sized balls and refrigerate for half an hour until the balls are relatively solid
- Decorate as you wish and then enjoy!