Sugar-Free Collagen Gummies
Posted on 02 March 2020
Would you like to munch lollies while also being good to yourself? Today's recipe is definitely for you. These yummy sugar-free gummies contain two full serves of our Raw Collagen powder, and there is the option to boost them with vitamin C as well.
What you'll need:
3/4 cup water
One packet (11 grams) of a sugar-free jelly mix. Flavour is up to you, we used blackberry.
10 grams plain unflavoured gelatin
16 grams (two scoops) Raw Collagen powder
1/2 tsp Ascorbic Acid powder
- In a saucepan, add the jelly mix, gelatin and collagen to the water and let it 'bloom' (absorb water) for about 5 minutes, without stirring.
- Put the saucepan on a medium heat and let the mix become hot but without boiling. The gelatin needs to reach about 50C in order to properly dissolve.
- You may need to use the back of a spoon to disperse the collagen as it can clump but will disperse with a little encouragement
- One the mix is uniform, take off the heat and add the vitamin C if you are using it. This not only adds nutrition, but a nice tangy flavour
- Pour into jelly moulds and let set in the fridge until solid
There are many ways to customise this recipe. For example, if you find the taste too strong, use less jelly mix and more plain gelatin. You can also dispense with the jelly mix completely and use fruit juice instead of water, adding a little natural sweetener.
The size of your mould will impact the number of jellies that make up a serving. Our moulds are quite small, so a single serving of collagen was 10 jellies. If your moulds are bigger, you will need fewer jellies to get your fix.
The gummies should be quite firm, but still 'wiggly'. If you prefer them more firm, you can either add more plain gelatin to the mix, or try letting them sit for a day or two uncovered in the fridge. They will become harder over time as they dehydrate.